For 2016, the Malum line has a distinct theme; Hot Rods vs Rat Rods. A Hot Rod is typically an old car, rebuilt and customized to perfection just faster, leaner, and meaner than its stock form. A Rat Rod is an old car rebuilt and customized by any means necessary, typically done on a budget using more money on performance than looks.
The originators of the Rat Rod style left their cars unfinished and unpainted to show the gearhead world what hot rodding was all about – having fun, enjoying yourself, and building a car on a budget. Subrosa shares the same philosophy when it comes to BMX.
A bike can be flawless, or rode hard and beat up, just as long as you have fun on it. They paid homage to both styles in the 2016 Malum line to show BMX it doesn’t matter what your ride looks like as long as you’re having fun.
Key Features of Subrosa Malum BMX Bike:
- Frame: 100% Seamless Chromoly w/ Ovalized DT – 75° HT / 71° ST / 21″ TT / 13.75″ CS / 9.0″ standover, REMOVABLE brake mounts
- Fork: 100% Chromoly, Tapered Legs, Integrated Top Cap and Race 30mm offset
- Bars: 100% Cromoly 8.75″ rise / 12° backsweep / 1° upsweep / 29″ wide
- Grips: Shadow Chula DCR
- Bar Ends: Shadow Nylon
- Headset: Rant Sealed Integrated
- Stem: Shadow Ravager Top Load
- Front Rim: Rant 36H Double Wall Alloy
- Rear Rim: Rant 36H Double Wall Alloy
- Front Hub: Rant 3/8″ Alloy Sealed Female Axle
- Rear Hub: Rant 14mm Alloy Sealed female Cassette
- Tires: Shadow Valor hP 2.40″ Tires – Front and Rear
- Cranks: Rant Chromoly 8 Spline 3pc.
- B.B.: Sealed Mid
- Sprocket: Subrosa Shred alloy
- Gearing: 25-9 Micro Gearing
- Chain: Shadow Interlock v2
- Pedals: Shadow Ravager Plastic
- Brakes: Rant Alloy U-brakes
- Seat: Subrosa Baja pivotal Mid
- Seat Post: Alloy pivotal
- Seat Clamp: Shadow Alfred
|Top Tube Length:||21in|
|Rear End Length:||13.75 inch|